This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well developed marketing and communication skills and a
broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing
roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate
information from a variety of sources.
Course name: Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
VET National Code: BSB40820
CRICOS Course Code: 110957J
Duration: 52 (including 12 Weeks holiday)
Tuition Fee: $12,000 per year.
- Public Relations Officer
- Media Planner
- Direct Marketing Officer
- Assistant Advertising Account Planner
- Sales Administrator
- Assistant Account Manager (Advertising)
- Marketing Officer
- Advertising Account Coordinator
- Market Research Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Promotions Assistant Manager
All students must be over 18
- Must have completed equivalent to Australian Grade 12, and
- IELTS band 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0) or equivalent
- Must have completed Grade 12, or
- Achieve ACSF Level 4 in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, reports, presentations, role-plays and observations.
We offer everyone the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
Upon successful completion of BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication, you may
pursue Diploma of Marketing and Communication.
CAC Sydney Campus – Level 1, 7 Hassall Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Total number of units = 12
6 core units plus
6 elective units, of which:
- 2 elective units must be selected from Group A
- 2 elective units must be selected from Group B
for the remaining 2 elective units:
- up to 2 units may be selected from Groups A and B
Website info Choice Academic College
BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and communication
- if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma from this or any other
currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment
and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
The units delivered by CAC are as follows:
Unit Code and Unit Name
BSBCMM411 Make presentations
BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
BSBMKG434 Promote products and services
BSBMKG440 Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
BSBFIN401 Report on financial activity
BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities